Non-toxic Safety Resin - totalCAST Clear Casting Resin
totalCAST Clear Artwork Resin is a revolutionary hybrid polymer that produces an optically clear, high gloss finish. This brand new formulation represents cutting edge polymeric technology and was developed to offer unrivalled user-friendliness and a crystal clear result every time.
totalCAST is safe to use at home without the need for respiratory masks. This revolutionary resin is ASTM certified (D-4236) non-hazardous and non-toxic as there are no fumes emitted at ambient temperature.
Perfect for coating artworks and casting (pouring into moulds for embedding, potting, encapsulating and jewellery production).
- 1:1 mix ratio
- Non-toxic and VOC-free
- Odour-free and solvent-free
- BPA (Bisphenol)-free
- Built-in air release agents and moisture scavengers
- U.V Stable (no need for HALS or U.V blockers) - totalCAST utilises hybrid technology to provide excellent inherent non-yellowing properties.
- Fully cured resin (please wait 5 - 7 days for a full cure) is safe for incidental and direct contact with food (e.g. serving), but not suitable for food preparation (e.g. cooking, cutting).
The ASTM D-4236 certification affords us an FDA-exemption for incidental and direct contact with food.
This resin system is used to coat and seal artwork on canvas, wood, mdf, glass, perspex, concrete, metals etc. The product can be applied by pouring, brush or roller. The excellent clarity & optical transparency makes the resin ideally suited for the protection and decoration of paintings, sculptures and collages, photos and prints, wood and timber artefacts (clocks and puzzles etc). pendants, bangles and other jewellery items, flower-setting and paperweights.
For more information on the differences between the resins, please visit our FAQ page (scroll down to the resin section).
Technical Data Sheet
Safety and Disclaimer:
Resin Play will not be liable for any damages or allergy reactions caused from using this product. Users are advised to follow product usage instructions and wear personal protective equipment.
Health & Safety:
Although our resins are formulated with the most modern and safest epoxy chemicals available, all epoxy resins are chemicals and should be managed and handled with proactive safety hygiene and responsible care.
- Always wear nitrile gloves (or use a specialist resin barrier cream)
- Wear a respirator when sanding partially-cured resin
- It is advisable to work in a well ventilated room
- We advise the use of safety goggles
- Avoid skin contact (if resin gets on skin wash with plenty of soap & water)
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while working
- In case of eye contamination wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately
Adding inks/paints/mica powder/glitter to epoxy resin will change its properties and may reduce its non-toxicity. If you use alcohol inks DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles, as alcohol is flammable.